Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First blog about life

At this moment I am writing because I'm having some trouble sleeping. I thought I'd start writing about my life and such, in addition to the reading I'm doing.

Today it POURED rain, and even with an umbrella, I got soaked. I walked to the Starbucks near my house, got a drink and a scone, sat for a bit without really doing much, and left a couple hours later.

For those that know me, you might know about the music I write. I'm trying to write a couple new songs, and I decided to resurrect my re-write of a Christina Aguilera song, from a couple years back. Will be performing that in the fall during my last semester at Earlham College.

I slept a lot today, and now, after the coffee and with some allergies, I'm awake at 2am.

I recently got trained as a volunteer at a local community center and am waiting to hear back about events at which they need help. With the seasonal job market not being great, volunteering will probably be my most regular commitment this summer, outside of a class I'm taking that starts in a couple weeks.

I'm writing some book reviews; I've written two so far for the fall column, but they are currently too short, likely, for publication.


Oh, and rant of the moment: when Brokeback Mountain lost the Oscar for Best Picture to Crash a few years back, why did people act like that was such a travesty? People acted surprised that the Oscars can be politically motivated. No offense, but... duh, they're politically motivated!

Anyways, moving on. I'm listening to some good mixes of various tracks, I have too much stuff checked out of the library, and I'm enjoying staying in touch with friends. And now to get back on facebook and post a status or a link. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment